Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Driscoll Seeks a "City Within the City"

Mark Driscoll, pastor of Mars Hill Church in Seattle, is currently preaching through the book of Nehemiah. For those of you who don't know who Driscoll is, just do a quick google search. He is probably the most loved/hated pastor since Calvin. He is reformed in his theology and has an incredible passion to reach the lost of his city and the world.

Driscoll's sermons on Nehemiah are showing the rebuilding of God's people into what God desires them to be - a light to the pagan world around them. In my opinion, that message from the book of Nehemiah could not be more appropriate for the church today.

I just finished preaching though Nehemiah at the end of last year and after watching his sermons (which can be downloaed for free as mp3 or dvd files) I am already wishing I could do it again. Driscoll has a way of making me excited about the biblical material he is covering more than many preachers. For me, his passion for God and his Word, and for his people to be on mission is infectious.
I would encourage you to go check them out (along with some of his other past sermons).

No comments: